- Q: How do I set up scoreboards and scorepads for online (Cloud) meets?
Here's the link to our Cloud Setup Guide with pictures showing how to do the steps.
- Q: How much does it cost to use the online version of ScoreKing?
A: Here is our pricing info.
- Q: How much flexibility is there with online scoring?
A: Quite a bit!
- Score Entry options
- Use Amazon Fire HD8s as scorepads.
- Use iPads as scorepads.
- Several meets have used Samsung Galaxy or other android based tablets. Talk to us first to discuss your device specifics.
- Run the scores to the main scoring computer and enter them.
- Score display options
- Use a Fire Stick plugged into a TV display or projector.
- If your TV is a Fire TV, you can run it there.
- Use an HDMI cable from any computer plugged into a TV or projector.
- Flash the scores.
- There are more options if you are a more sophisticated user that you can ask about.
- In running the meet, you can use rotation sheets or cards, use the normal levels or define custom levels, with many reporting options.
- Q: How do I get my gymnasts into the meet if I have a mix of USA Gymnnastics members, some who are rec level,AAU, etc.?
A: For USA Gymnastics members, ScoreKing will directly import from the Reservation system once the sanction number has been entered in the Meet Planner.
For other gymnasts, prepare a spreadsheet with first name, last name, team, level and then any of these optional fields depending on whether they apply in your
situation: member number, birthday (if having age groups), clothing size (if giving t-shirts, leos, etc). Other options are also supported. Spreadsheets are then
used to import the gymnasts.
- Q: What happens when I import from USAG Reservation System? Are changes picked up ?
A: Here is a brief description of what occurs on the import.
- If a new gymnast is processed (not previously added to the meet) then they are added to the meet at the level that's in the USAG reservation system.
- If a gymnast is already in the meet, when levels differ it is highlighted to point out that levels are different, but that's all. Meet is assumed to be the more current, so level changes will have to be made manually.
- If a gymnast has scratched in the Reservation system and they are not in the meet -> do nothing, ignore.
- If a gymnast is not scratched in the Reservation system, but scratched in the meet -> list the gymnast as currently scratched...do not add back.
- If a gymnast is scratched in USAG but NOT yet scratched in meet -> list the gymnasts at the end of the import report in case they should be manually scratched.
This approach is designed to not force you to keep scratching someone who just hasn't updated the reservation system with a scratch, or to keep adding back someone who has decided they can in fact participate.
Also as coaches make last minute level changes that need to take priority, ScoreKing does not automatically change levels under the covers when they
differ from USAG since age group assignment and session changes may be required. Level differences are highlighted to enable you to deal with them
- Q: What do the scoreboard displays look like?
A: In our online users guide, there's a great section on scoreboards with some of the layouts shown.
Look there to see some examples.
- Q: Where will scores be uploaded to during and after the meet ?
A: During the meet, scores can be uploaded live to scoreking.com, scoreking2.com (the mobile app), and to myusagym.com.
After the meet is over, if you want to upload the scores to MeetScoresOnline, you can follow the following directions:
- In Meet Planner, type in ExportMSO.php in your browser url to create the csv file in the scoreking/data/results directory.
The your_meet_nameMSO.csv file is specific to the MeetScoresOnline file format.
- Go to meetscoresonline.com, log in and go to your profile. Find in the menu -> your events, add an event that represents your meet.
Log into that event with the event id and password . Navigate to where it says to publish scores.
Go to the help button and find Complete Meet then go to complete meet,log in and use the upload number and event password,
Select your scores file and upload.
You can also upload the full results file created on the MeetPlanner Awards tab to mymeetscores.com if desired.